O’Brien & Feiler’s Six Rs of Liability Claim Resolution
Click on each step for more details about O'Brien & Feiler's unique Six-R process for Liability Claim Resolution
Step 1: Refer
- Custom-built technology works with most EHR systems to harvest referrals.
- All data transfers occur using HIPAA compliant technology.
- ICD-10 ranges, liability flags, or other proprietary identifiers may be used to identify claims.
Step 2: Research
- Understanding the unique properties of each claim is pivotal to achieving fast, fair resolution.
- Identifying attorneys, insurance carriers, and involved parties, and reviewing official reports.
- Determining the recovery channel most likely to lead to fair, fast resolution.
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Third Party Liability
- Workers Comp.
- Crime Victims Comp.
- Coordination of Benefits
- Medicare as Secondary Payer
- Medicaid as a Payer of Last Resort
Step 3: React
- Placing medical provider liens with proper notice and statutory compliance.
- Ensuring that all parties know that the medical provider is protected.
- Quickly supplying bills and records to insurers, attorneys, and appropriate parties.
- Returning cases that do not have an institutional path to recovery.
Step 4: Remind
- Maintaining regular contact with insurance companies.
- Seeking regular status updates from Plaintiff’s attorneys.
- Ensuring that all parties know that the medical provider is engaged and seeking fair compensation, and is protected by law.
Step 5: Recover
- Facilitating proper compensation from Workers Compensation.
- Negotiating equitable settlements with Plaintiff’s attorneys, adjusters, and others.
- Assisting patients when communicating with Crime Victims Compensation.
- Filing enforcement lawsuits against deep-pocketed institutions when appropriate.
Step 6: Report
- Providing clear top-level information regarding all elements of OBF efforts.
- Supplying granular level case detail regarding each individual claim.
- Designing custom reports to respond to individual client needs.