Medical providers are called upon to provide emergency treatment regardless of a patient’s financial status. It’s the right thing to do, and it’s the law. O’Brien & Feiler assists medical providers with Liability Claim Resolution services. The goal of Liability Claim Resolution is to find and facilitate institutional recovery options as opposed to pursuing uninsured patients. Accidents and injuries often give rise to legal causes of action, and those causes of action may result in an opportunity for the medical provider to obtain fair compensation from deep pocketed insurers under Georgia Statute. The Law Firm of O’Brien & Feiler (“OBF”) believes that medical providers are entitled to be compensated for their work, and where insurance or settlements are available, the OBF Liability Claim Resolution experts are there to help.
Workers Compensation Claim Resolution
In addition to working with liability insurers to ensure payment of liability claims, The Law Firm of O’Brien & Feiler (OBF) assists medical providers with verifying patient workers compensation coverage prior to treatment, assisting with medical record and claim submission to insurers, and following through with insurers to ensure proper and timely claims payment. The OBF legal team also works directly with employers who elect to satisfy charges outside the formal claims process, as ethically appropriate. This process can transform self-pay accounts into insurer-paid accounts.
To ensure that OBF adjusts to the latest trends in the Workers Compensation field, our team attends State Board of Workers Compensation training and stays informed regarding the latest legislative changes. OBF ensures that claims are paid appropriately under the Georgia Workers Compensation Fee Schedule and will actively appeal claims and secure interest payments on claims that are not be paid correctly.
O’Brien & Feiler knows the importance of institutional payments to the health and well-being of medical providers. Our team is committed to securing proper and fair claim payments from all applicable insurers and third-party sources.
O’Brien & Feiler’s Six Rs of Liability Claim Resolution
- Custom-built technology works with most EHR systems to harvest referrals.
- All data transfers occur using HIPAA compliant technology.
- ICD-10 ranges, liability flags, or other proprietary identifiers may be used to identify claims.
- Understanding the unique properties of each claim is pivotal to achieving fast, fair resolution.
- Identifying attorneys, insurance carriers, and involved parties, and reviewing official reports.
- Determining the recovery channel most likely to lead to fair, fast resolution.
- Medical Payments Coverage
- Third Party Liability
- Workers Compensation
- Crime Victims Compensation
- Coordination of Benefits
- Medicare as Secondary Payer
- Medicaid as a Payer of Last Resort
- Placing medical provider liens with proper notice and statutory compliance.
- Ensuring that all parties know that the medical provider is protected.
- Quickly supplying bills and records to insurers, attorneys, and appropriate parties.
- Returning cases that do not have an institutional path to recovery.
- Maintaining regular contact with insurance companies.
- Seeking regular status updates from Plaintiff’s attorneys.
- Ensuring that all parties know that the medical provider is engaged and seeking fair compensation, and is protected by law.
- Facilitating proper compensation from Workers Compensation.
- Negotiating equitable settlements with Plaintiff’s attorneys, adjusters, and others.
- Assisting patients when communicating with Crime Victims Compensation.
- Filing enforcement lawsuits against deep-pocketed institutions when appropriate.
- Providing clear top-level information regarding all elements of OBF efforts.
- Supplying granular level case detail regarding each individual claim.
- Designing custom reports to respond to individual client needs.